Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thrift Haul

Hey guys! just popping in quickly today to show you some of my recently thrifted goodies. I feel like I should preface this by telling you guys a little tip. A lot of Goodwills (at least in North Carolina) have a deal with Target. This means that Target donates slightly damaged and off-size items to local Goodwills. So, if you ask around at your local Goodwill, you can find out what day they get their Target stuff in and you can walk out of there with an armful of brand new with tags, still in Target stores goodies at thrift store prices. One of my favorite Goodwills in Asheville was recently renovated and they almost always have a huge rack full of their Target donations. I've found dresses from the Target designer collaborations there, I got a Prabal Gurung for Target dress for only $5 when it was still in store for $54. All of that being said, many of the things in this post are a part of this Target/Goodwill deal.

My first lucky find is a little peplum-esque tank top made by Xhiliration.



















My second pick is a pair of mint skinny pants. I actually saw these on sale in Target and almost bought them. I ended up deciding to get the lavender ones instead but just a few days later I found the exact same pants at Goodwill. I figured it was fate.


















Find number three is a super pretty striped maxi skirt. I've been having a love affair with maxis all summer and I couldn't resist this fun and casual skirt.



My fourth pick is mixed print, stripe and floral maxi dress. The bottom part of this dress is sheer and it has some really pretty slits on the sides.


































My fifth find is a bright orange fit and flare dress that was originally from H&M. I loved the color and the little zipper in the back. Also, it has a really subtle hi-low hemline so it's a nice classic dress with just a hint of trendiness.



















The last thing I have to show you guys today is a really pretty black and white stripe dress. It even came with a skinny red faux leather belt. This dress has such a ladylike vibe and I think it would be perfect for an interview or a dressy family get together.

























I've been considering doing a post about how I thrift, kind of a how-to but with some of my favorite tips and tricks. If you guys have any thoughts about this, please let me know in the comments. I'll see you guys soon!

Until Next Time,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment