Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Current Obsessions

Hey guys! I haven't done one of these posts in a while and I figured it was time for another one. So, without further ado, here's what I can't get enough of lately.

1. Cats- As you might have gathered from some of my previous posts I've always been a little cat crazy. However, lately, it's gotten much worse. A friend of mine recently moved in with me and she brought her sweet little kitty with her. I'm cat-sitting for her this week while she's on vacation and I love it. Lincoln's pretty much the best thing ever. He runs to the door to greet me when I come home and he immediately hops into my lap when I sit down. A girl could get used to living like this.

2. Coffee Mugs- I'm a huge coffee and tea addict so having a decent supply of coffee mugs around has always been a necessity for me. But recently I decided to start collecting cool/cute/quirky coffee mugs. I really like the idea of having useful collections of things. So, I've started picking up fun mugs wherever I can find them. I grab them at tourist traps when I visit somewhere and I look for interesting ones at thrift stores. I just love them! It really brightens my morning to get my caffeine fix from a cute receptacle.

3. Books- This is probably an obvious one since I have an English degree and all, but, as of late my book collection has gotten a little out of control. I've been hitting up thrift stores looking for beat up Harry Potter books for a craft project (details to come) and I can't seem to leave without at least four or five (non HP) books in tow. Seriously, it's getting out of control. I have a pile of books sitting on the floor next to my bed waiting on me to find a place for them.

4. Board Games- I am a huge game person. I love playing board games, especially trivia games. It's one of the few things that inevitably brings out my competitive side. I've gotten incredibly lucky lately in finding games at thrift stores. Board games are super expensive in stores and I'm not usually willing to spend that much on them. So, I always take a tour through the toys in thrift stores looking for games. I've gathered quite the little stockpile. Now, the only thing that's missing is people to play with! Any takers?

5. Community- I love this show! Luke and I started watching it together and it's pretty fantastic. Seriously, if you aren't watching Community you should be, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment