Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Not Good, But OK










Dress: Puella, Anthropologie
Necklace: Anthropologie
Sandals: Pacsun
Watch: Fossil
Bracelet: DIY

Hey there guys! It's been a while, huh? I've had these pictures sitting in my computer for over a month now. I just haven't had the motivation to post them for some reason. I'm not sure where this desire to disconnect came from or if it's actually over but I felt like blogging today so I'm rolling with it. I haven't been in a great place for a while now, and I think it's time for me to be honest about that. It's been a pretty rough year and I think blogging became a way for me to keep pretending that everything was fine. It's incredibly easy to look at these pictures of me smiling and act like everything is great because it looks like it is.

The only good thing about tough situations is that sometimes they can show you your own strength. I realized the other day that the directionless place I'm in now is something that I once described as "my worst nightmare for what my life could become". Which sounds horrible and I kind of felt like I had the air kicked out of me. But then, I realized that I'm ok. I'm not happy right now, and things aren't good, but I'm alright and I believe that things will get better. So, I guess the point of all this is to say that I don't want to stop blogging but I don't want my blog to be a place where I hide. I want this to be an honest place where I can share pictures and talk about my life and interests. I know this isn't groundbreaking or anything but I just thought I should open up and explain where I've been and where I am now. Hopefully, I'll be back soon and better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment