Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter 2014 Must- Haves

Winter 2014 Must- Haves

Winter 2014 Must- Haves by strawberryfields791 featuring a wide brim hat

1. Blanket Scarf: These have been all over the place for months and, as I've said many times before, I stand firmly behind any fashion item that doubles as a blanket. These come in all kinds of varieties but I'm particularly drawn to the plaid and or chunky knit ones like the above one from Urban Outfitters.

2. Glitter Eyeliner: Ok, maybe calling this a must-have is a bit of a stretch but nothing says winter to me quite like metallic golden hues. Also, I'm really looking for an excuse to buy this little pretty and what better way to celebrate the new year than with a glittery cat eye? Just go with me here, guys. This eyeliner is fabulous and as far as I'm concerned glitter eye makeup is a must all year round.

3. Chunky Sweater: Whether you like them cropped or oversized, cream or black, a big chunky sweater is a necessity to survive the winter chills. A great sweater goes with everything, jeans and ankle booties, layered over a dress with tall riding boots. I wear my sweaters to death and this little ditty from Choies would be a great addition to any wardrobe.

4. Headwraps: I don't know if this is a trend lately or just an obsession of mine but I can't get enough of pretty headwraps like the one above from Amazon. Seriously, join me on this bandwagon, you won't regret it. These are perfect to cover up a bad (or, lets be honest, dirty) hair day and, as an added bonus, they keep your ears super warm.

5. Capes: These have been gaining popularity since early fall and a cozy wool version is perfect for those chilly winter days. There are so many variations of this trend out there right now, I just loved the cool moto detail on the H&M one above.

6. Wide-Brim Fedora: I'll admit it, I wear these about year round but there's just something about this hat that screams winter. I'm imagining the way this lovely topper would look on a snowy day with a chunky knit sweater and a big wool coat. There are a lot of options out there for hats like this but this one from Forever 21 is definitely a wallet-friendly choice.

7. Riding Boots: Confession time, I actually splurged and bought these boots for myself with some Christmas money I got. I'd been looking to replace my super beat up Steve Madden boots for a while and when someone returned these beauties to my store, I decided it was fate. And, honestly, I think it was a great purchase. These are beautifully made, super comfy, and the leather feels like absolute butter. I'm looking forward to rocking these for years to come. (They're the Sam Edelman Penny Riding Boot in Whiskey-I got mine from Anthro because of my discount, but I think they're on sale at Nordstrom).

Whew! This season's must-haves were definitely the hardest for me to come up with. Winter is not my favorite season and it's difficult for me to come up with things I'm excited to wear when the weather is less than sunny. If you too suffer from the curse of the chilly closet, I hope you'll find this little guide helpful and maybe a bit inspiring, I know making it made me feel less dreary about dressing for the upcoming months. Stay warm out there, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment