Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall 2014 Must- Haves

Fall 2014 Must- Haves

Fall 2014 Must- Haves by popberry727

1. Blanket Cardigan: Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm crazy about big cozy cardigans like this one from blackfive.com. Any clothing item that doubles as bedding is a-ok in my book. Also, the geometric print on this cardi is to die for. It would look great paired with leather leggings and ankle booties.

2. Vampy Lipstick: Without fail, I crave dark lips every fall. Something about the crisp weather and the spooky Halloween vibe in the air makes me want to cover my mouth in dark plum and cranberry hues. This particular lipstick from NARS is a bit out of my price range but the shade was just too perfect not to include it here. I'm sure I can find a dupe for this color at a lower price point, I'll let you guys know.

3. Floppy Hat: I have a minor (read: major) hat fixation and this little ditty from warehouse.co.uk is autumn ready. I just finished watching American Horror Story: Coven and their hat game was on point. That whole season had me craving floppy hats and maxi skirts, all in black of course.

4. Poncho: Capes and ponchos have been all over the place this season. We have several items of this style at Anthropologie right now and I expect I'll give in any day now and purchase one. You just can't beat a soft, oversized pullover like the H&M one above for those chilly fall mornings.

5. Flannel: I know, I know, this is so cliche but flannel and fall just go together so perfectly. I've been combing the thrift stores lately trying to find a perfectly worn in flannel shirt to add to my fall wardrobe. This one from H&M is a great option but flannel is one of those things I'm determined to thrift.

6. Vest: Fall is all about the layers and a vest is one of the most versatile layering ones you can own. I'd recommend something with a touch of shearling or fur for an autumn ready look that can't be beat. The fallfor.com one above would be perfect with dark denim and block heeled ankle boots.

7. Satchel: Even though I'm not going back to school this year, I can't help but crave structured, book ready bags. This pretty one from Modcloth would work in the office as well as the classroom.

8. Ankle Booties: This list of mine just wouldn't be complete without an ode to my favorite footwear of the moment. I just can't get enough of them! These lovely beige ones from Missguided are too cool to resist. They'd be great with a little floral dress or jeans and a cozy sweater. If you can only get one item for fall, I would wholeheartedly recommend buying a pair of ankle boots. They go with absolutely everything and are perfect to help transition summerier pieces to cooler weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment