Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Red Boots








I know this outfit isn't anything particularly unique or special but I liked it and felt good wearing it. I think that, sometimes, it's the little details that make an outfit. In this case, a pretty collar paired with delicate jewelry and an unexpected pop of color. If someone had told me a year ago that a pair of red boots would be my go-to shoe, I would have called them crazy (and probably made some HIMYM reference to Ted's red cowboy boots). But, I love these little booties. They add just the right amount of fun to an ensemble and they keep me from taking myself too seriously when I'm wearing them. This look is really minimalistic, which is a little outside my usual approach, but it still felt very me. I think that's the great thing about having this blog, it encourages me to make clothing decisions that I would normally shy away from. These experiments don't always turn out great, but I almost always enjoy doing them.

Top: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Kohl's
Booties: Old Navy
Initial Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Charming Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment