Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Current Obsessions

Hi all! Things have been pretty strange around here lately. It still hasn't quite hit me that I've finished school. I feel like it really won't until August rolls around and my roommate starts hitting the books without me. I've been trying to figure out what non-students do with their time and I've been spending a lot of time just doing some of my favorite past-times like thrifting and crafting. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my projects on here in the near future. Also, I've seen other bloggers do posts about thrift hauls and I was considering doing something like that on here.

I went to a couple outlet stores earlier this week and I'm planning on doing some more bargain shopping in the next few days. That being said, you can expect a "finds of the week" post coming up soon. I can't wait to show you guys some of the great goodies I found! Anyhow, that was just a brief update on what I've been up to. So, moving on, here are some of my current obsessions:

1) Crock pot recipes- To say that I'm not much of a cook would probably be an overstatement of my abilities. The only thing that I can consistently make with any degree of success is ramen noodles. But thanks to a tight budget I've been forced to eat in more often. And, trust me when I say that having ramen every night gets really old really fast. On a recent thrifting expedition, I discovered a really nice crock pot and thought "why not?"It's awesome! Seriously, it's super easy to make really yummy dishes and I've been collecting crock pot cookbooks like mad. I must have at least six of them by now. It's probably kind of sad how much I love my crock pot but I don't care. If having a variety of hot and delicious meals is wrong then I don't want to be right.

2) Tattoos- I'd like to preface this by saying that I don't actually have any tattoos...yet. Every summer since I turned eighteen I've spent about a month telling everyone that I was finally going to get one. I spend this month obsessively considering the perfect placement for whatever tattoo design I've currently decided is "the one." Maybe I'm just engaging in my yearly ritual of deluding myself into believing that I have a bad ass side or maybe I'll actually take the plunge this year. Who knows?

3) Saturday Night Live- I love this show! It's well written, well acted, smart, and entertaining. I've been watching some of the old episodes from the early 2000's on netflix lately and I can't get enough! When I was in NYC a few weeks ago, my mom and I went on the NBC tour. While the tour in general was an overwhelmingly disappointing experience I would still recommend it to hardcore TV fans. I got to see the SNL set and I almost died. I got to see the stages where the host speaks and the band plays and best of all I got the see the Target Lady set. I was this happy about it.

4) Top knots- This is the perfect hairstyle for summer. I wear my hair like this all the time. It keeps my hair up off my face and neck which is great for the hot weather we've been getting lately. I really like that I can make the bun look really neat and elegant for nicer occasions but I can also make it pretty and messy for a more casual look. It's great!

5) Pretty Little Liars- I know, I know, this is probably really lame but I can't help it. It's just so compelling! It's one of those shows that you can't stop watching once you start. The new season just premiered two nights ago and I'm so happy. I can't wait to see what happens and more importantly, I can't wait to see what the liars are wearing. I would love to raid the costume department of this show. There's some seriously great fashion going on there. If you aren't into stories of murder, mystery, and romance, you should at least watch for the clothes. So needless to say, I will be incommunicado from 8-9 p.m. every Tuesday in the near future.

So, that's what I'm doing right now. How have you been spending your summer so far? Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments.

Until next time,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment