Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Current Obsessions

Two blog posts in one week?! I know, sheer madness! It's been a pretty slow week for me, Luke's been taking on Hollywood so I've had a lot of time to myself. Unfortunately, when left to my own devices I live a hermit-like existence. I don't leave my apartment except for necessities like food and redbox DVDs and I pretty much stop wearing makeup and putting on pants. That might be too much information, but I feel like that's something people should know about me. My name is Cait, I'm 21 years old and too lazy to wear pants. I think that's why I wear dresses so much. They're easier to put on than pants and look instantly put together. It's one piece and done. Anyhow, all that to say that my obsessions of late are geared towards my more reclusive tendencies.

1. The Sims 3- I've been a fan of the Sims game for a long time now. I remember playing the original Sims as a pre-teen and loving it. I tend to go through phases of playing nonstop and hardly touching the game. I've been itching to get back into it for a little while and I recently got a new expansion pack and can barely put my computer down. I've already ordered two more expansion packs. It's a problem. If your'e a Sim fan, I really recommend getting the Generations expansion pack, it's pretty awesome. And if you don't believe me, take it from an expert. Luke's brother runs Lazy Game reviews, he's a bigtime Simmer and covers all of the games, stuff packs and expansions that come out for it. His reviews are really in depth and funny, I always watch his videos before I buy a new Sim pack.

2. Sonic milkshakes- This is pretty much self-explanatory, but I'm going to explain it anyways. There's a Sonic right down the road from my apartment. They have like twenty different shake options and all the shakes are half price after 8 p.m. I like to borrow my roommate's dog and take a walk down to Sonic for a chocolate covered strawberry shake. Walking there makes me feel a little better about eating a milkshake and the dog is just for fun.

3. Thrifting- I've always been a big fan of shopping at thrift stores but lately I've been almost manic about it. I've hit four or five different stores in the last couple of days and I have plans to go shop at more in the coming week. I'm still considering doing a thrift haul post so you might be seeing something like that in the very near future. I've also been considering starting an online shop to sell vintage clothes and some of my crafts. I've seen other bloggers have some success with it and I think it's something I'd like to try. I'm planning on building up a collection of stuff before I open up, just so there's some backstock and I have time to keep the store full. Not that I expect to sell out or anything but it'll make me feel better if I'm ridiculously overprepared.

4. Pottermore- I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter. I love the books, I love the movies, I love the theme park, pretty much anything that's even vaguely HP related I'm guaranteed to love. When I first heard about Pottermore, I was totally jazzed but unfortunately it was still in beta testing and I couldn't play yet. Last year, the first book became available for the public to play through and I immediately jumped into it. It was pretty great, but the first book was the only one open at the time so I really couldn't play much more. Recently I found out that the second book and the first half of the third book were up and running so I logged back in and have been reading and playing like mad ever since. If you're a fellow Harry Potter fanatic and haven't joined Pottermore yet, you should definitely check it out. You're going to love it.

5. Spring Garden Bakery- This is a local bakery that I've fallen head over heels in love with. They have great coffee and their pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the literal best. This is my favorite place to go read and write. They also have some fantastic specials. Every Friday is bogo muffin day so if you head over there on a Friday afternoon you're pretty much guaranteed to see me sitting in the corner stuffing my face and playing around on my computer.

So, that's about all I've got for you today. Feel free to let me know in the comments if you have any thoughts/suggestions.

Til Next Time,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment