Friday, June 28, 2013

Thrift Haul

Hello again! I've been promising to post a thrift haul on here for a while now and I've finally got one ready! I'm a big proponent of the idea that you don't have to spend a lot of money to look great. Over time, thrifting has become a big source of fashion of me. It's one of my favorite ways to spend my days off. I love the thrill of finding something great buried deep in the racks. I think a lot of people forego a trip to the thrift store because they think they won't find anything. I must admit, I felt like that at first but I quickly realized that isn't the case at all. I can't remember the last time I walked out of a Goodwill without at least one thing. Thrift stores are full of fantastic things, you just have to be willing to do a little digging. I didn't want to overwhelm you guys by showing everything I've thrifted lately so I just picked a few of my favorite finds of late.

My first lucky find is a really pretty little green hi-low dress. I'm all over the hi-low trend (as you can see here) so I was pretty much over the moon to find this little number. It's just a super cute, super casual dress and I love it!


My second pick is a pink lace peplum top. It was actually made by ELLE and I was really excited to find it. I like the peplum trend a lot and I thought this sweet little top interpreted it in a really pretty, feminine way.


My third find is a sweet faded floral print drop-waist dress. I've been on the hunt for a dress with this waistline ever since I saw the new Gatsby movie. I think this dress is really pretty and it puts a modern twist on an old trend.


My fourth pick is probably my favorite thing ever. It's just a perfect basic denim jacket. This jacket is the perfect color and cut, I can't wait to throw it over dresses for those chilly summer evenings. This is a really versatile piece and I'm always on the lookout for great basics at thrift stores. This jacket was made by Abercrombie & Fitch. While I probably wouldn't shop in one of their stores I think the brand makes good quality clothing and I have no problem buying their clothing used.


My last thrifty goody for you guys this week is a great pair of black lace up booties. I'm so in love with these shoes! They're actually too big for me but I just couldn't put them down. I'll just have to wear them with thick socks and hope that works. I might have to sell them if that doesn't fix the problem. I'll be really sad if I have to let these go but I'll make sure to tell you guys if I end up selling them (so at least I know they'll go to a fabulous new home).


I'm really excited about this new feature and I'm hoping to make it a regular thing. I go thrifting a lot and I'm always finding new stuff. Feel free to lt me know what you think in the comments. Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment