Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Current Obsessions

It's strange to think that Fall is practically over. The time has been just flying by lately and I don't know how or even if I want to slow it down. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic tonight so at the risk of boring you to death with memories of the past, I'll just dive right in to what's been keeping me going in the present.

1. Dirty Chai Lattes: These have literally been keeping me going lately. I'm an admitted caffeine addict and this drink is currently my favorite way to get my fix. For those of you who are as yet unaware of the wonders of a dirty chai, it's a chai latte with a shot (or two...or three) of espresso. Genius, right? All the wake up power of coffee mixed with the cozy yummyness of tea. It's a great combo, and one I would certainly recommend trying out.

2. R.L Stine: When I was in middle school I couldn't get enough of Stine's books, I probably devoured one or two a week for a while. I was never really into the "Goosebumps" books but I must've read almost all of the "Fear Street" series.When I was home last, I found a stockpile of his books and decided to bring them back to Greensboro with me. I've already re-read three of them and I don't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down. While they're not quite as scary as I remember, they're still pretty good.

3. Cardigans: I've always had a sweater obsession but lately it's been getting a touch out of control. I can't help it, I just love the way a good cardigan can transform any outfit and keep you cozy warm. It doesn't help that we keep getting all these great new sweaters in at Anthro. Apparently I keep confusing working with shopping, maybe someday I'll be able to get the two straight.

4. Glasses: I've had the same pair of Ray Ban glasses for the whole two and a half years of my glasses wearing life. While I love my current glasses, I've been wanting a second, different pair for a little while now. I heard about a company called Warby Parker quite a bit ago and was really intrigued by their concept. They offer designer frames with prescription lenses for only $95 and for every pair purchased, they donate a pair to a person in need. Also, since they're a mainly online company, they have a free home try-on service. I ordered my try-on package a few days ago and I'm really excited to see what the glasses look like in real life. Maybe I'll post some pictures on here so you guys can help me decide which ones to choose.

5. How I Met Your Mother: I've enjoyed this show for quite a while but I've really been binging on it lately. I think it's charming, funny, and different from a lot of the other shows on TV. Also, I adore Alyson Hannigan so I was pretty much guaranteed to love this show no matter what.

So, that's what I've been into lately. Let me know what you think or if there's anything you can't get enough of in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment