Thursday, November 21, 2013

No More Hiding


Well, I told you guys there were going to be some changes. The decision to cut off all my hair was a last minute one, but it was definitely the right one. I feel lighter and bolder without all that hair holding me back. I didn't really tell anyone I was doing this before it was done (not even Luke). I just didn't want to be talked out of doing it. I guess, this is kind of my incredibly stereotypical way of reclaiming me. I felt like my hair had become something else for me to hide behind. When I explained that to Luke, he asked me a question that I hadn't really wanted to hear, "What do you have to hide from?" And the only answer that I could give was the true one, me. It's easy to pretend like you're doing ok as long as you can convince yourself that nothing's really changed. But it has, my life is in flux now, and that's ok, it's even good. I'm tired of pretending that things aren't changing. Life goes on and I don't want to find myself five years down the road wishing I could do it all over again. I want to live my life the way it is. It's not how I thought it would be, but things never are. I'm done hiding from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment