Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring 2014 must-haves

Spring 2014 must-haves

Spring 2014 must-haves

Hey guys! I thought I'd just pop in today and share some of the items I'm crazy about for Spring. There are so many great trends going on this season and I'm really looking forward to incorporating these in my wardrobe. This list is by no means a compilation of all the trends or anything like that, it's just a roundup of some of the things I'm excited to wear this Spring (and I hope you are too).

1. Vests: As evidenced by my last post, I love a good vest. Denim, shearling, cargo, I'll rock them all. This little olive utility number from Old Navy is definitely on my wishlist this season.

2. Shift Dresses: This shape is a little outside my normal fit-and-flare comfort zone but I've been finding myself really drawn to it lately. They seem like an easy throw on in a pinch garment that will easily transition into Summer. I thought the Dorothy Perkins one above was a great color that could be very versatile.

3. Lace Up Sandals: I've been seeing variations of these little babies all over the place lately. These are definitely an of-the-moment kind of item but I'm digging the boho vibe they bring. There's all kinds of variations on this style available right now but I tend to favor those of the flat or low wedge variety. The ones pictured above are from Pacsun.

4. Tribal Jewelry- Tribal inspired pieces and prints are huge right now. They've been cropping up in so many places that even Luke (the trend blind boyfriend) noticed. I thought this Sole Society necklace was a pretty interpretation of the trend.

5. Floppy Hats- I'm kind of a hat freak, so this probably isn't actually a Spring specific thing. However, I'm definitely loving this style lately. The ASOS hat above is a great neutral color for the (hopefully) upcoming warm weather.

6. Cropped, Boxy Tops: This shape has been really popular at Anthropologie lately and I think it's a really fresh look for Spring. The F21 sweater above would be really great thrown over a dress for those still-cool days.

7. Ankle Boots: I love these year round but I'm really feeling them for Spring. I have quite a few pairs in my closet and they get a lot of wear, I think my other shoes are getting jealous. The H&M ones above are a great neutral color and a perfect heel height.

8. Denim Jackets: It's a well-documented fact that I love denim jackets (and vests, and shirts, and pants). I'm always on the lookout for new ones to add to my collection. The lighter wash of this H&M one is a fresh shade for Spring that I'm looking forward to sporting with sundresses and colored denim all season and into Summer.

I hope you guys found this little guide entertaining, if not useful. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments!

P.S. click the link to my Polyvore page (under the image) to get links to the specific items pictured. 

1 comment:

  1. you have a great blog. mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete