Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love holidays. So of course I jumped on the opportunity to dress up in a themed outfit. Luke and I snapped these pictures after grabbing lunch at Cookout. I was in the mood for a hot dog and Cookout fit the bill. Unfortunately, I didn't get to wear this outfit for very long because I was scheduled to work today. Oh well, I still wore something patriotic at work, just a little more sophisticated than this.


Dress- TJ Maxx
Denim Vest- thrifted and altered
Belt- thrifted
Shoes- Plato's Closet
Watch- Fossil


I thought this outfit had a fun kind of 1970's feel to it. I love looks that are a little vintage inspired, that's probably another reason why I like thrift stores so much. Speaking of thrifting, let's talk about this vest for a minute. This was originally a kid sized denim jacket from Gap. I found it at Goodwill for $3! It fit great, and because it was too short for my adult length arms, I decided that it was the perfect candidate for a little DIY surgery. I chopped off the sleeves, sewed up the arm holes and then marched out the door in my brand new vest.



Well, that's all I've got today. I'm off to an exciting night of TV and red velvet cupcakes. I hope you all had a fun and safe holiday!
Until Next Time,
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment